Earlier this week I made a bit of an Lebanese feast with home made falafel, hummus and baba ganoush. I have always found baba ganoush a bit hit and miss but this weeks was the best yet!
2 large aubergines
1 clove crushed garlic
1 table spoon tahini
juice of half a lemon
1/2 a tea spoon paprika
1 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C
2. Peel the aubergine and slice into thick rounds.
3. Place the sliced aubergine onto a baking tray and sprinkle with a fairly generous amount of olive oil.
4. Cook the aubergine for 20-25 minutes turning once.
5. Remove the aubergine from the oven and leave to cool for 10-15 minutes
6. Add the aubergine, along with all the other ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
Sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil and paprika before serving
Serves four as a side dish