Spelt Pancakes with blueberry compote
120 grams wholemeal spelt flour
250 ml soya milk
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
1 Punnet blueberries
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
juice of half a lemon
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add soya milk and whisk until fully combined
3. In a lightly greased pan add one ladle of the batter.
4. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, flip and continue to cook until both sides are lightly browned
1. In a small saucepan heat the blueberries over a small flame
2. When the blueberries start to burst add the sugar, maple syrup and lemon juice
3. Continue to cook until the mixture has reduced and thickened