OK, I got a bit carried away and removed it from its baking tin whist still hot. So it may not be the prettiest of cheesecakes but if I do say so myself, this vegan maple syrup and caramelised pecan cheesecake tastes pretty good!
Maple syrup cheesecake
with caramelised pecans and caramel sauce
1 packet of hobnob biscuits
50 grams vegan margarine (melted)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 x 255 gram packets dairy free cream cheese (I used Original Sheese)
85 grams maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon corn flour
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C and lightly grease a 10-15cm round cake tin.
2. To make the base place the biscuits in a food processor, process until crumbled and add the melted margarine and maple syrup. Press down into a prepared tin.
3. For the topping, place the cream cheese into a mixing bowl and stir through the maple syrup, vanilla and cornstarch.
4. Once thoroughly mixed, pour the topping onto the base and place in the oven to bake for 45 minutes.
50 grams dairy free butter
125 grams raw brown sugar
70ml soya milk
1 heaped table spoon cornflour
1. Melt the butter in a small pan
2. Once melted, add the sugar and bring the mixture to the boil, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from the heat and immediately add the soya milk and corn flour. Stir until evenly mixed.
4. Return the mixture to heat and cook for a couple more minutes to thicken.