Wednesday 5 May 2010

Flapjack Off


I have quite the competitive streak. So when my boyfriend suggested that he could make a better flapjack than me, I was straight in the kitchen ready to take him up on his challenge.

We both used the same basic flapjack mix (I wasn't going to take it that seriously);

makes a dozen decent sized flapjacks

500 grams rolled oats
210 grams vegan margarine
160 grams brown sugar
4 table spoons maple syrup

By melting the margarine in a sauce pan. Once melted adding the sugar and maple syrup and stirring until fully dissolved. To this we mixed through the oats.

OK, now down to the competition.

We halved the mix and added our own ingredients

My Flapjacks

+
1 handful chopped figs
1 small handful chopped pecans
1 small handful pistachio nuts

His

Layer of raspberry jams sandwiched between two layers of flapjack

We then baked the flapjacks for 15 minutes in an oven heated to 170 degrees C

.......................

The verdict?

Well of course I am going to say mine were the best. But jam flapjacks were delicious, great for dessert whereas my fig and nut are great for mid morning treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment